Event ID 20218 — RRAS Packet Filter Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Routing and Remote Access supports IP packet filtering, which specifies which type of traffic is allowed into and out of the router. The packet filtering feature is based on exceptions. You can set packet filters per interface and configure them to do one of the following: pass through all traffic except packets prohibited by filters or discard all traffic except packets allowed by filters.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||An error occured while trying to enable %1 packet filtering for Routing and Remote Access service.|
Fix packet filter errors found in Event Viewer
To view packet filter errors in Event Viewer:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
- In the console tree, expand Event Viewer, expand the Windows Logs folder, and then click the log that contains the event that you want to view.
- In the details pane, double-click packet filter events and fix any errors.
To verify that the remote access server can accept connections, establish a remote access connection from a client computer.
To create a VPN connection:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Set up a connection or network.
- Click Connect to a workplace, and then click Next.
- Complete the steps in the Connect to a Workplace wizard.
To connect to a remote access server:
- In Network and Sharing Center, click Manage network connections.
- Double-click the VPN connection, and then click Connect.
- Verify that the connection was established successfully.