Event ID 20013 — RRAS Hardware Devices
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Routing and Remote Access uses network interface cards and modems to establish remote access connections.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The communication device attached to port: %1 is not functioning.|
Check the connected device
To use Device Manager to view the status of a communication device:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management.
- Click Device Manager, and then double-click the type of device you want to view.
- Right-click the device, and then click Properties.
- You'll find information about the status of the device on the General tab under Device status.
To verify that the remote access server can accept connections, establish a remote access connection from a client computer.
To create a VPN connection:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet, click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Set up a connection or network.
- Click Connect to a workplace, and then click Next.
- Complete the steps in the Connect to a Workplace wizard.
To connect to a remote access server:
- In Network and Sharing Center, click Manage network connections.
- Double-click the VPN connection, and then click Connect.
- Verify that the connection was established successfully.