Event ID 4011 — Unused Language Pack File Deletion
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Unused language pack files are automatically deleted from your computer. LPRemove is the program that automatically runs in silent mode during the boot process to perform this task.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||LPRemove failed to increment run-data in registry. Unscheduling LpRemove.|
Manually schedule Lpremove to run
To fix this problem, you will need to manually enable Lpremove to run.
To manually enable Lpremove to run:
- Open Task Scheduler. (Click the Start button, type task scheduler in the Start Search box, and press ENTER)
- In the left pane, expand Task Scheduler Library, expand Microsoft, expand Windows, and then click MUI.
- Verify that the status of Lpremove is Ready.
- If the status is Ready, then restart your computer and Lpremove will run again.
- If the status is not Ready, then you will need to enable it. To do this, right-click Lpremove and click Enable. Then restart your computer and Lpremove will run again.
To verify that Lpremove has run successfully:
- Click the Start button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and press ENTER.
- If you receive a message from User Account Control, click Continue.
- Check the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MUI\UILanguages key. If the language that Lpremove should have removed is not listed, then Lpremove has run successfully and deleted the unused language pack files.