Event ID 1006 — CEIP Consolidation
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) consolidates data periodically, before sending it to Microsoft. This consolidation normally occurs every 19 hours.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||A problem prevented Customer Experience Improvement Program data from being consolidated into files that can be sent to Microsoft (Error %1).|
No user action is required
The Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program was unable to consolidate computer event data for transmission to Microsoft. This failure has no adverse effects on other parts of the operating system, and no action is required of users.
Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) consolidation occurs once every 19 hours. You can verify that consolidation completed successfully by viewing details about the CEIP consolidation task in Task Scheduler.
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the Administrators group on the local computer, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority. You can only verify CEIP consolidation on a computer that is enrolled in CEIP.
To view consolidation details in Task Scheduler:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Task Scheduler.
- In the tree pane, open Task Scheduler Library, open Microsoft, open Windows, and then select Customer Experience Improvement Program.
- In the results pane, select the Consolidator task.
- On the History tab of the results pane, look in the Task Category column for the most recent occurrences of the following two events, in chronological order:
- Task Started
- Task Completed
- On the General tab of the Event Viewer area of the results pane, view the description text for the Task Completed event. To verify that consolidation completed successfully, look for description text similar to the following example:
- Task Scheduler successfully finished GUID_number instance of the "\Microsoft\Windows\Customer Experience Improvement Program\Consolidator" task for user user_name.
- When you have finished verifying that the CEIP consolidation task completed successfully, close Task Scheduler.