Event ID 522 — WDSServer Provider Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The Windows Deployment Services server service (WDSServer) provides basic service functions to support its hosted subcomponents, known as providers (or plug-ins). The providers provide the true functionality associated with the service. There are five providers included with the default (Deployment Server) installation:
- PXE server
- PXE provider
- Image server
- Multicast server
- TFTP server
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||An error occurred while trying to shutdown provider %1.
Error Information: %2
Examine the code or contact the vendor of the provider
Custom providers must meet the requirements defined in the software development kit (SDK). To resolve this issue, examine the code to ensure that it meets these requirements, or contact the vendor for further support. To download the Microsoft Windows Software Development Kit (SDK) for Windows Server 2008 and .NET Framework 3.5 at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=104661.
To perform this procedure, you must either be a member of the local Domain Admins group or have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the providers are working correctly:
- Open the Command Prompt window (Click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Command Prompt.)
- At the command prompt, run net stop wdsserver and then run net start wdsserver.
- Open Event Viewer (Click Start, type Event Viewer in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.)
- In the left pane, expand Custom Views, expand Server Roles, and then click Windows Deployment Services.
- Click the Date and Time column heading to sort the events based on date and time.
- Ensure that you receive WDSServer event 517 for each of your providers (look in the event log message for each event, and make sure that each provider initializes.) Note: There are five providers included with the default installation of Deployment Server: WDSPXE, BINLSVC, WDSIMGSRV, WDSMC, and WDSTFTP.