Event ID 612 — Claims-Aware Application Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
AD FS Web Agent for claims-aware applications configuration logs how the claims-aware agent processes configuration information in the web.config file.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The AD FS Web Agent for claims-aware applications cannot find the return Uniform Resource Locator (URL) that is configured in web.config.
The Web agent cannot start until this condition is corrected.
Add the return URL to web.config.
Add the return URL to the web.config file of the Web application
Add the return Uniform Resource Locator (URL) to the web.config file of the Web application.
To add a return URL value to the web.config file:
- On the AD FS-enabled Web server that is hosting the claims-aware agent, locate the web.config file for your claims-aware application, and then open it with Notepad. This file should be located in \inetpub\wwwroot\virtualdirectory, where your claims-aware application files are stored.
- Search for the returnurl tag, and then enter a valid return URL value in the tag. For example, https://www.treyresearch.net/myapp.
- Click File, click Save, and then close Notepad.
Verify that the web.config file is configured with correct URL values and that all configuration parameters contain valid values.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the web.config file is configured with the correct Return URL value:
- On a resource federation server, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Active Directory Federation Services.
- Double-click Federation Service, double-click Trust Policy, double-click My Organization, click Applications, right-click the application in the list that represents this claims-aware application, and then click Properties.
- Verify that the https value that is specified in Application URL—for example, https://www.treyresearch.net/*_ApplicationName_*/— is identical to the value that is specified between the returnurl tags in the web.config file on the AD FS-enabled Web server.