Event ID 4724 — COM+ Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
COM+ configuration specifies the settings for a Microsoft Component Object Model (COM) application. The administrator can change the settings in property sheets by using the Component Services administrative tool. The property sheets include settings for such areas as Security, Identity, and Activation.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Replication: invalid machine name supplied for %1.%0|
Rerun the COMREPL tool with the correct computer name
An incorrect source or current computer name may have been used with the COMREPL tool. COMREPL is a utility that you can use to duplicate the COM catalog from one computer to another. It is frequently used for configuring computers in an identical manner.
Ensure that you are using the correct source and current computer name when you run the COMREPL tool.
For more information about the COMREPL tool, see The COMREPL Replication Utility (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=106176).
You can verify that your component is working properly by running the Component Services administrative tool and ensuring that the required properties for the component are set.
To perform the procedures, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To open Component Services and verify that the component's required properties are set:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- Type comexp.msc, and then click OK. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
- To locate your application, click Component Services, click Computers, click My Computer, and then click COM+ Applications.
- Right-click the component name, and then click Properties.
- In the component properties dialog box, click each tab to verify that the required properties are set.
In addition, you can verify that the COM+ operating system component is installed and working properly.
To verify that COM+ is working properly:
- In the console tree of Component Services, click Services (Local).
- Scroll through the list of service names to find the following services: COM+ Event System (optional), COM+ System Application, DCOM Server Process Launcher, and Remote Procedure Call (RPC).
- Confirm that the status of each service is Started.