Event ID 3043 — PDH SQL Interface Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Performance Data Helper (PDH) provides an interface for viewing and selecting available performance counters on a system. By default, it utilizes an internal SQL database to store and read counter data. By accessing the SQL database, Performance Data Helper bypasses reading and writing registry and system values. If the SQL interface is unavailable, Performance Data Helper cannot respond to queries for performance counter values.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Call to SQLFetch failed with %1.|
Resolve the SQL error
Performance Data Helper encountered an error reading or writing to the SQL database. The error details include the specific SQL error. You must resolve the SQL errors before Performance Data Helper can read or collect data.
If you need assistance resolving problems with your SQL implementation, you can:
- Visit the Microsoft SQL Server Troubleshooting and Support page on the web at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=105453.
- Contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=102491.
You view counters from a database in Performance Monitor to verify that data is being written to the SQL database.
Membership in the local Administrators group is required to complete this procedure.
To view counters from a database in Performance Monitor:
- On the computer where you want to view counters, click Start. In the Start Search text box, type perfmon.exe, and then press ENTER.
- In the navigation pane, expand Monitoring Tools, and then click Performance Monitor.
- Right-click the Performance Monitor graph display, and then click Properties.
- In the Performance Monitor Properties page, click the Source tab.
- In Data Source, click Database and then select the System DSN and Log set you want to review.
- Click Time Range to see times included in the log you selected. You can move the beginning and ending time sliders to view only a portion of the log file in performance Monitor.
- When you are finished, click OK.
- Right-click the Performance Monitor graph display and click Add Counters. The Add Counters dialog box will open. Only the counters included in the log data source you selected in step 5 will be available.
- Select the counters you want to view in the Performance Monitor graph and click OK. For help adding counters, click Help.
- Review the available counters and log results to ensure the expected data is present.