Event ID 5065 — IIS WAS Configuration
Updated: March 24, 2009
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The Internet Information Services (IIS) Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) configuration manager manages configuration for the application pools and protocol adapters that it maintains. If WAS encounters problems when it reads configuration or reacts to configuration change notifications, configuration changes for the entities it manages may not be processed.
|Product:||Internet Information Services|
|Message:||Centralized logging is configured to truncate its log every '%1' bytes. Since this value must be at least 1048576 bytes ( 1 megabyte ), 1048576 bytes will be used.|
Configure log file truncate size
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To configure the centralized logging log file truncate size by using IIS Manager:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Administrative Tools.
- Right-click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager and select Run as administrator.
- In the Connections pane, select the computer name.
- In Features View, double-click Logging.
- Under Log File Rollover, make sure that Maximum file size (in bytes) is selected.
- Under Maximum file size (in bytes), type a value from 1048576 (1 megabyte) through 4294967295 (4 gigabytes).
- In the Actions pane, click Apply.
If the Windows Process Activation Service (WAS) is configured correctly, IIS will serve pages successfully.
To confirm that WAS is executing successfully, perform the follow these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Browse to http://localhost or your Web site's default home page.
- Confirm that the expected page is displayed.
- Open the logs for the Web site and make sure 200 OK (request succeeded) is logged for the previous request. By default, Web site logs are located in the %SystemDrive%\inetpub\logs\LogFiles directory.
Note: If logging is set to centralized, the log file size will grow over time. The minimum possible (and configurable) log file size is 1 MB.