Event ID 1066 — NFS Character Translation
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Character translation enables you to resolve conflicts between Windows and UNIX file names.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Server for NFS could not read the character translation file <%2>. Server for NFS cannot translate characters in file names. Character translation for Server for NFS will not work because the server could not read the character translation file %2. Please ensure that the file exists and the path is specified correctly.|
Restore the character translation file
To restore the character translation file:
- Open an elevated Command Prompt window. Click Start, point to All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
- T**server config **to display the name of the character translation file.
- Restore a backup copy of the character translation file or create a new file at the same location.
For more information about configuring charactger translation and Services for Network File System (NFS), see the Services for NFS configuration guide at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=100954.
To verify that Server for NFS is properly configured for character translation:
- Open a command prompt** **with elevated privileges and type nfsadmin server config.
- Verify that the *Translation File Name *field displays the correct location of your translation file.
For more information about character translation and Services for Network File System (NFS), see the Services for NFS configuration guide at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=100954.