Event ID 4197 — TCP/IP Network Interface Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
The network configuration interface settings of your computer determine the way in which it communicates with other computers and devices on the network.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||More than the maximum number of default gateways were specified for network adapter %2. Some remote networks may not be reachable as a result.|
Diagnose and repair configuration
Network and Sharing Center includes an automatic diagnostic and repair tool that you can use to repair your network configuration.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To diagnose and repair the TCP/IP configuration:
- Click Control Panel, double-click Network and Sharing Center, and then click Manage network connections.
- Right-click the interface you want to repair, and then click Diagnose.
- This will diagnose any configuration issues and repair them.
To verify that an IP address is assigned:
- At the DHCP-enabled client computer, click Start, click Run, and then type cmd.
- Type ipconfig /all to view lease-status information.
- The output of the ipconfig command should show an IPv4 or IPv6 address marked "preferred."