Event ID 1036 — DHCP Users Group Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
To function properly, the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) service must be able to create or look up the DHCP Users and DHCP Administrators local groups.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The DHCP server was unable to create or lookup the DHCP Administrators local group on this computer. The error code is in the data.|
Restart the DHCP Server service
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To restart the DHCP Server service:
- At the DHCP server computer, click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- Double-click DHCP Server.
- On the General tab, click Stop, and then click Start.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
Confirm that event 20035 has not been recently logged in the System event log.
To open the System event log:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools, click Event Viewer, and then click Continue.
- Expand Windows Logs, and then click System.
- Verify that event 20035 has not been logged recently.