Event ID 1009 — DHCP General Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
General availability of the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server refers to its ability to service clients. General availability depends on:
- Proper authorization of the DHCP server
- Presence of Active Directory Domain Services
- Successful loading of the DHCP dynamic-link libraries (DLLs)
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The DHCP service encountered the following error while cleaning up the pending client records:
Restart the DHCP Server service
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To restart the DHCP Server service:
- At the DHCP server computer, click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
- Double-click DHCP Server.
- On the General tab, click Stop, and then click Start.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
To verify that clients are getting leased IP addresses from the DHCP server:
- At the DHCP-enabled client computer, click Start, in Start Search type cmd, and then press ENTER.
- To verify the lease of the client with a DHCP server, type ipconfig /all to view lease-status information.
- If the client has a validly leased IP address, the ipconfig /all command displays a date and time for Lease Obtained and Lease Expires.