Event ID 1004 — DHCP Client Service Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
A computer running Windows becomes a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) client if Obtain an IP address automatically is selected in its TCP/IP properties. When a client computer is set to use DHCP, it accepts a lease offer and can receive an IP address known to be valid for the network it is joining.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||The DHCP Client service is shutting down. The following error occurred :
Start the DHCP Client service
On the DHCP client computer, configure the DHCP Client service to start automatically, and then start the service.
To perform these procedures, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To configure the DHCP Client service to start automatically:
- At the DHCP-enabled client computer, click Start, in Start Search type services.msc, and then press ENTER.
- Double-click DHCP Client.
- On the General tab, in the Startup type box, click Automatic, and then click Apply.
- Click Start, wait for the progress bar to complete, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
To verify that the DHCP Client service is running:
- At the DHCP-enabled client computer, click Start, in Start Search type cmd, and then press ENTER.
- Type sc queryex dhcp to verify that the DHCP Client service is running.
- The DHCP Client service state is displayed as RUNNING.