Event ID 319 — Print Spooler Status
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
This is preliminary documentation and subject to change.
Print Server Status controls basic operations such as initializing the spooler, creating threads, and reading the registry.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Printer %1 failed to initialize because a suitable %2 driver could not be found. The new printer settings that you specified have not taken effect. Install or reinstall the printer driver. You might need to contact the vendor for an updated driver.|
Install or reinstall the printer driver
Install or reinstall the printer driver. You might need to contact the printer manufacturer to obtain an updated driver (that displays the Designed for Windows logo) for the specific model of printer.
Note: To install a new or updated printer driver, you must be logged on to your computer as a member of the local Administrators group.
To install a new or updated printer driver:
- Click Start, open Control Panel, and then open Printers.
- Right-click the printer for which you want to change drivers, and then click Properties.
- On the Advanced tab, click New Driver to install a new or updated version of the printer driver.
- Click Next, and then do one of the following:
- If the new or updated driver is in the list, click the appropriate printer manufacturer and printer model.
- If the printer driver is not in the list, or if you have received a new or updated driver from the printer manufacturer, click Have Disk. Type the path for the location of the driver, and then click OK.
- Click Next, and then follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the printer driver.
To reinstall a printer driver:
- In Control Panel, open Printers.
- Right-click a blank area of the window, click Server Properties, and then click the Drivers tab.
- In the Installed printer drivers list, click the driver you want to reinstall, and then click Reinstall.
Perform the following tasks to verify that you resolved the problem:
- Print the document again.
- If the print server logs spooler information events, look for Print Spooler Event 10 after printing, and then examine the document to confirm that it printed correctly.