Event ID 15160 — Virtual Machine Restore Operation
Applies To: Windows Server 2008
This is preliminary documentation and subject to change.
Virtual Machine Restore Operation
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||'%1' failed to restore virtual machine state. (Virtual machine ID %2)|
Check configuration and retry restoring the virtual machine
Please investigate the environment in which the restore VM operation was being attempted, which includes:
- access and permissions to the configuration file, memory file and all image files
- prior error messages in the event log
- available RAM on the system
- configuration settings.
- disk space for the memory file and any expanding virtual hard disks
- access and permissions to the saved state file
Once the necessary issues have been rectified, please try to restore the virtual machine again.
The virtual machine is able to restore from the saved state succesfully.