Event ID 340 — Windows Media Services Plug-in Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Plug-ins and properties are used at the server and publishing point levels to control the operation and configuration of Windows Media Services. They are grouped into categories to identify their functions on the server. The available plug-ins and properties differ, depending on which version of Windows Server 2008 that you are running. (For more information, see Decide which version of Windows Server is right for you.) For more information about using the plug-ins and properties in Windows Media Services, see Working with plug-ins and properties.
|Product:||Windows Media Services|
|Message:||The plug-in '%1' cannot be loaded on this version of Windows.|
Install a supported Windows Server operating system
Plug-ins that support the advanced streaming features in Windows Media Services are only available when Windows Media Services is running on either Windows Server 2008 Enterprise or Windows Server 2008 Datacenter. These plug-ins are not available when Windows Media Services is running on Windows Server 2008 Standard or Windows Web Server 2008. For more information about the Windows Server operating system that will best meet your needs, see Decide which version of Windows Server is right for you.
Install a version of Windows Server 2008 that supports the advanced streaming features in Windows Media Services (either Windows Server 2008 Enterprise or Windows Server 2008 Datacenter), and then install Windows Media Services on the new platform.
To verify that a plug-in can be used in Windows Media Services:
- On the Windows Media server, open Windows Media Services. To open Windows Media Services, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Windows Media Services.
- In the console tree, click the Windows Media server or the publishing point for which you want to enable the plug-in.
- In the details pane, click the Properties tab.
- If you selected the Windows Media server in step 1, select the Show all plug-in categories check box.
- In Category, click the plug-in category for the streaming feature that you want to enable. Plug-in categories that are not supported will not be displayed in the Category list.
- In Plug-in, view the list of plug-ins that support the streaming feature. Plug-ins that are not supported will not be displayed in the Plug-in list.