Event ID 899 — Connection Request Management
Published: January 8, 2010
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Connection requests in RD Connection Broker include user connection requests and redirection connection requests.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||RD Connection Broker service failed to set the working directory retrieved from the registry.
Error code: %1.
Change RD Connection Broker working directory
The working directory for RD Connection Broker is configured by using Registry Editor.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To change the RD Connection Broker working directory:
- On the RD Connection Broker server, open Registry Editor. To open Registry Editor, click Start, click Run, type regedit.exe and then click OK.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tssdis\Parameters.
- Double-click WorkingDirectory.
- In the Value data box, enter the path for the RD Connection Broker working directory, and then click OK.
- Close Registry Editor.
To verify that the RD Connection Broker server is managing connection requests successfully, examine Event Viewer logs and search for the following event message. This event message indicates that the RD Connection Broker server is managing connection requests successfully.
To perform this procedure, you do not need to have membership in the local Administrators group. Therefore, as a security best practice, consider performing this task as a user without administrative credentials.
To verify that the RD Connection Broker server is successfully managing connection requests:
- On the RD Connection Broker server, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
- In the Event Viewer console tree, navigate to Application and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\TerminalServices-SessionBroker, and then search for the following events:
- Event ID 801, Source TerminalServices-SessionBroker: This event indicates that the RD Connection Broker successfully managed a connection request.