Event ID 784 — Resource Management
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
RD Connection Broker manages resources such as user sessions, RD Session Host server farm membership, and RD Session Host servers running in redirection mode.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||RD Connection Broker failed while adding session for user %1 (on target %2). HRESULT = %3|
Contact manufacturer of non-Microsoft plug-in
This issue can occur when:
- A duplicate session ID was reported to the RD Connection Broker server.
- The target session could not be located in the RD Connection Broker database.
In either case, you must contact the manufacturer of the non-Microsoft plug-in.
To verify that the RD Connection Broker server is managing resources correctly, examine Event Viewer logs and search for the following event messages.
To perform this procedure, you do not need to have membership in the local Administrators group. Therefore, as a security best practice, consider performing this task as a user without administrative credentials.
To verify that the RD Connection Broker server is managing resources correctly:
- On the RD Connection Broker server, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
- In the Event Viewer console tree, navigate to Application and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-SessionBroker, and then search for the following events:
- Event ID 776, Source Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-SessionBroker: This event indicates that the server was successfully added to the RD Connection Broker.
- Event ID 787, Source Microsoft-Windows-TerminalServices-SessionBroker: This event indicates that a session was successfully added to the RD Connection Broker database.