Event ID 1005 — Audio and Video Playback Redirection Availability
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Audio and video playback redirection is only available when connecting to computers that are running Windows Server 2008 R2 with the Remote Desktop Session Host role service installed, Windows 7 Enterprise, or Windows 7 Ultimate.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Media foundation application is being denied.
%tProcess name: %1.
Configure Non-Microsoft media players to work with audio and video playback redirection
Non-Microsoft media player applications need to opt-in to use the audio and video playback redirection. If the media player is Media Foundation-based, the application may have to call the IMFRemoteDesktopPlugin interface. This interface modifies an MF topology for use in a Remote Desktop Session Host environment. For more information about the IMFRemoteDesktopPlugin interface, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms698979(VS.85).aspx.
In addition to calling the IMFRemoteDesktopPlugin interface, you may also need to do the following:
- Add the file name of the media player to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\TSMMRemotingAllowedApps
- Add the file name of the media player to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp\DshowRemotingAllowedApps
To verify that audio and video playback redirection is functioning correctly, establish a connection to the RD Session Host server and verify that the playback devices are shown in the Sound control panel.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To verify that the playback and recording devices are shown in the Sound control panel:
- Establish a connection to the RD Session Host server.
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound, and then click Sound.
- On the Playback tab, verify that Remote Audio shows in the list of playback devices.