Event ID 1285 — Connection Request Management
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
Connection requests in RD Connection Broker include user connection requests and redirection connection requests.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Message:||Failed to spin VM %1 on host %2. Hr=%3|
Start the virtual machine manually
To resolve this issue, you must start the virtual machine manually by using Hyper-V Manager.
To perform this procedure, you must have membership in the local Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To start the virtual machine manually:
- On the RD Virtualization Host server, open Hyper-V Manager. To open Hyper-V Manager, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Hyper-V Manager.
- In the left pane, click the name of the RD Virtualization Host server.
- Under Virtual Machines, right-click the name of the virtual machine, and then click Start.
To verify that the RD Connection Broker server is managing connection requests successfully, examine Event Viewer logs and search for the following event message. This event message indicates that the RD Connection Broker server is managing connection requests successfully.
To perform this procedure, you do not need to have membership in the local Administrators group. Therefore, as a security best practice, consider performing this task as a user without administrative credentials.
To verify that the RD Connection Broker server is successfully managing connection requests:
- On the RD Connection Broker server, click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
- In the Event Viewer console tree, navigate to Application and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\TerminalServices-SessionBroker, and then search for the following events:
- Event ID 801, Source TerminalServices-SessionBroker: This event indicates that the RD Connection Broker successfully managed a connection request.