Event ID 1012 — RemoteApp and Desktop Connection Configuration
Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
RemoteApp and Desktop Connection is configured by using the Control Panel.
|Product:||Windows Operating System|
|Source:||Microsoft-Windows-RemoteApp and Desktop Connections|
|Message:||There is a problem with this connection's security certificate.
The remote computer cannot be authenticated due to problems with its security certificate.
Security certificate problems might indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the remote computer.
Windows cannot continue setting up this connection. Contact your workplace administrator for assistance.
Connection name: %1
Connection URL: %2
Error code: %3, %4
Import the RD Web Access server certificate
A RemoteApp and Desktop Connection requires a secure sockets layer (SSL) connection to the RD Web Access server. An SSL connection requires a certificate in the Trusted Root Certification Authority certificate store of the computer account. You can import the certificate for the RD Web Access server by using the Certificates console.
To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Administrators group, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.
To import the RD Web Access server certificate:
- On the client computer, click Start, in the Search programs and files box, type MMC and then press ENTER.
- Click File, and then click Add/Remove Snap-in.
- Click Certificates, and then click Add.
- Select the Computer account option, and then click Next.
- Click Finish, and then click OK.
- Expand Certificates (Local Computer), and then click Trusted Root Certification Authorities.
- Right-click Certificates, point to All Tasks, and then click Import.
- On the Welcome to the Certificate Import Wizard page, click Next.
- In the File name box, type the path to the certificate, and then click Next.
- Select the Place all certificates in the following store option.
- Ensure that the Certificate store box displays Trusted Root Certification Authorities, and then click Next.
- Click Finish.
To verify that RemoteApp and Desktop Connection is configured correctly, you should start a RemoteApp program that is published by using RemoteApp and Desktop Connection.
To start a RemoteApp program that is published by using RemoteApp and Desktop Connection:
- On a client computer, click Start, point to All Programs, point to RemoteApp and Desktop Connections, point to Enterprise Remote Access, and then click a RemoteApp program.
- Verify that the RemoteApp program opens successfully.