Understanding Remote Web Workplace administrator features
Members of the Domain Administrators (Domain Admins) security group can use the Remote Web Workplace administrator page to access the following links, which are shown depending on how the computer running Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2003 is configured.
Access server desktops. You can access the desktop of the server or of any other servers in your network. When you click this link, a list of server names appears (the computer running Windows Small Business Server 2003 is selected by default). Select a computer name, and then click Connect.
Access client desktops. Click this link to access the desktops of client computers in the Windows Small Business Server network.
- In order for you to access client desktops, client computers must be running Windows XP Professional or later.
- If you access a client desktop while the user is logged on, it will end his or her current session.
To enable the following two features, Windows® SharePoint® Services must be enabled in the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard. For more information, see Understanding the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard.
Monitor Help Desk. Click this link to access the company's internal Web site and view network issues submitted by users. You can subscribe to the Help Desk to be alerted when users post issues and then use the Remote Web Workplace to connect directly to client computers to fix the problems.
Administer the company's internal Web site. Click this link to make changes to the company's internal Web site.
To enable the following two features, run the Monitoring Configuration Wizard. For more information, see Related Topics.
View server performance report. Click this link to view the latest server performance report.
View server usage report. Click this link to view the latest server usage report.
- Use Outlook Web Access. Click this link to open a Web-based version of Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003. To use Outlook Web Access, you must enable it when running the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard.
- Download Connection Manager. Click this link to download Connection Manager, which configures connection settings on the computer running Windows Small Business Server from a remote computer. You must run the Remote Access Wizard to install Connection Manager.
- View Client Help. Click this link to view the Help topics available on client computers.