Remote Access Wizard
You can use the Remote Access Wizard to configure your server to allow remote access to the network. The Remote Access Wizard manages tasks such as defining the method to use for remote access, the phone number to use for dial-up access, the modem to use, and the name of the VPN server.
- You can access your Windows SBS network by using a dial-up or Virtual Private Network connection. For more information, see Remote Access Method.
- To enable dial-up access, you must provide a phone number that the remote client computers can use to connect to your server. For more information, see Dial-up Phone Numbers.
- To enable dial-up access, you must also select the modem device that the remote client computers can use to connect to the server. For more information, see Modem Selection.
- You need to define how client computers obtain IP addresses. For more information, see Client Addressing.
- To remotely connect to the server, you need to enter the domain name of your server that is registered at your Internet service provider (ISP). For more information, see VPN Server Name.