If you are running an earlier version of Microsoft Office Outlook 2003, disable any COM add-ins on client computers.
From the client computer:
- Click Start, and then click E-mail (Microsoft Outlook).
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Other tab.
- Click Advanced Options, and then click COM Add-Ins.
- To disable an add-in, clear the check box next to the add-in.
The following applications are available for you to deploy in the default installation of Windows SBS:
- Client Operating System Service Packs. Windows 2000 Service Pack 4 contains the latest security and reliability upgrades for computers running Windows 2000 Professional. Windows XP Service Pack 2 has the latest security updates for computers running Windows XP Professional. Windows Small Business Server requires you to deploy these service packs to client computers.
- Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1. Enables users to browse the Internet and your company's internal Web site.
- Outlook 2003. Enables users to use e-mail, contact lists, calendars, and task lists.
- Shared Fax Client. Enables users to send faxes directly from their desktops. Users can view the status of incoming faxes and pause and cancel their own faxes.
- Select the first check box to enable a user who is installing applications to change the installation location or to deselect applications for installation, see Figure 1.
- Select the second check box to log off after installation is complete. This option is useful if you plan to leave during installation, and you want to make sure that no one can access the computer after client Setup is finished, see Figure 1.
- Click Advanced for more configuration options.
- Click Edit Applications to start the Set Up Client Applications Wizard, which enables you to add other applications and to specify how they are installed.