Remove a user account
To complete this procedure, you must be logged on as a member of the Domain Admins security group.
- If you remove a user account, it is permanently deleted and cannot be recovered. If you think you might later need the account or the information it contains, disable rather than remove the account.
- Open Server Management.
- In the console tree, click Users.
- In the details pane, select a user account, and then click Remove user.
- In the Remove User dialog box, select other items that you want to delete, such as the user's home folder and Exchange Server 2003 mailbox, and then click Yes to remove the user account.
- To open Server Management, click Start, and then click Server Management.
- The user's Exchange mailbox is not removed from the mailbox store for 30 days.