Configure offline folders
To complete this procedure, you must be logged on as a member of the Domain Admins security group.
Create an offline folder
- From the server, click Start, point to Control Panel, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management.
- In the console tree, click Shared Folders.
- In the details pane, right-click Shares, and then click New Share.
- Follow the instructions in the Share a Folder Wizard to:
- Choose a location for the offline folder.
- Select which files and programs will be available offline.
- Set access permissions.
For a description of each option, see Related Topics.
Synchronize an offline folder
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, and then click Synchronize.
- Click Setup.
- Use the Logon/Logoff, On Idle, and Scheduled tabs to configure options.
Synchronization only works for users who are logged on.