To update settings for an imported Health Monitor configuration
To complete this procedure, you must be logged on as a member of the Domain Admins security group.
- Modify settings for existing actions, as follows:
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Health Monitor.
- In the Health Monitor console tree, expand All Monitored Computers, expand the branch for your server, and then click Actions.
A list of Health Monitor actions is displayed in the details pane.
- In the details pane, right-click an action you want to update, and then click Properties.
- Review the settings on each tab, and modify them where necessary. For example, it is common to update the SMTP server name on the Details tab for e-mail actions, as well as to update file paths on the Details tab for script or text log actions.
- Repeat steps c and d for each action.
- Associate existing actions to their respective data groups or data collectors, as follows:
- In the Health Monitor console tree, expand All Monitored Computers, expand the branch for your server, and then click the name of the data group or data collector that you want to update.
- In the details pane, right-click a data object, and then click Properties.
- On the Actions tab, add the actions to be associated with the selected data object.
- Repeat steps b and c to update other data group or data collector objects.