Allow or deny services through a firewall
To complete this procedure, you must be logged on as a member of the Domain Admins security group.
You can allow or deny services through the firewall using the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard. The services for your firewall can be configured using the wizard regardless of whether you are using Routing and Remote Access service or Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2000 as the firewall.
- Start the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard.
- On the Connection Type page, click Do not change connection type.
- On the Firewall page, ensure that Enable firewall is selected.
- On the Web Services Configuration page, you can select to allow access through your firewall from the Internet to Web services on your server.
- On the Additional Services Configuration page, you can create a new service that you want to allow through the firewall, modify an existing service that is currently allowed through your firewall, or delete a service that you no longer want to allow through your firewall.
- To open the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard, click Start and then click Server Management. In the console tree, click Internet and E-mail. In the details pane, click Connect to the Internet.
- If you have a firewall device on your network that does not support the UPnP framework, you must manually configure the firewall settings. For more information about how to configure the firewall device, see your device manufacturer's documentation. For more information about how the wizard configures firewalls that support the UPnP framework, see Using routers that support UPnP.
- When you run the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard and enable the firewall, a standard set of services necessary to ensure your Internet connectivity are automatically allowed through the firewall. For more information about the standard set of services, see Firewall Settings for your network.
Understanding the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard
Connect to the Internet
Use the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard script
Understanding the Configure E-mail and Internet Connection Wizard script