Modify columns in an existing list
- Open the intranet. By default, the intranet is located at http://companyweb/.
- Open the list or document library that you want to modify.
- In the left pane, click Modify settings and columns.
- Under Columns, click Add a new column.
- Under Name and Type, type a name for this column, and then select the type of data this column will display. The default is Single line of text.
- Under Optional Settings for Column, enter or select any optional settings, and then click OK. These options are dynamic, based on the type of information the column will contain.
- In addition to adding columns, you can also modify general settings, change the order of columns, and modify the default view for the list.
- To remove a column, complete steps 1 and 2. In step 3, click the column that you want to remove, and then click Delete.