Set or remove permissions for printer use
To complete this procedure, you must be logged on using an account with Manage Printers permission. By default, members of the Domain Admins and Domain Power Users group have this permission.
- Click Start, and then click Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click the printer for which you want to set permissions, and then click Properties.
- On the Security tab, do one of the following:
- To change or remove printer permissions from an existing user or group, click the name of the user or group.
- To set up printer permissions for a new user or group, click Add. In Select Users, Computers, or Groups, type the name of the user or group for which you want to set permissions, and then click OK.
- In Permissions, click Allow or Deny for each permission you want to allow or deny, if necessary.
Or, to remove the user or group from the permissions list, click Remove.
- To change device settings, you must have Manage Printers permissions.
- To view or change the default permissions that define the Print, Manage Printers, and Manage Documents permissions, click Advanced.
- Before users with printer permissions can manage a printer, the printer must be shared.