Set mailbox size limits for all users
To complete this procedure, you must be logged on as a member of the Domain Admins security group.
- Open Server Management. To open Server Management, click Start, and then click Server Management.
- In the console tree, double-click Advanced Management, and then double-click the name of your Exchange domain.
- Double-click Servers, and then double-click your server name.
- Double-click First Storage Group, right-click Mailbox Store, and then click Properties.
- Click the Limits tab, and then perform one or more of the following steps:
- To set a mailbox size at which to issue a warning, click Issue warning at (KB), and then type a number. The default size is 175000 KB (kilobytes) or 175 MB (megabytes).
- To set the mailbox size at which your users will be prevented from sending messages, click Prohibit send at (KB), and then type a number.
- To set the mailbox size at which your users will be prevented from sending and receiving messages, click Prohibit send and receive at (KB), and then type a number. The default size is 200000 KB (200 MB).
- To set a time limit for keeping deleted items, click Keep deleted items for (days), and then type a number.
- To set a time limit for keeping deleted mailboxes, click Keep deleted mailboxes for (days), and then type a number.
- To specify intervals for the warning messages or to create a custom schedule, click Customize.
- Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.