Configure Microsoft Connector for POP3 Mailboxes logging
To complete this procedure, you must be logged on as a member of the Domain Admins security group.
- Open Server Management. To open Server Management, click Start, and then click Server Management.
- In the console tree, click Internet and E-mail.
- In the details pane, click Manage POP3 E-mail, and then click Open POP3 Connector Manager. The POP3 Connector Manager Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Troubleshooting tab, under Service logging, select the Logging level from the drop-down list. For descriptions of the logging levels, see Troubleshooting (POP3 Connector Manager).
- Open Services. To open Services, click Start, click Run, and then type Services.msc.
- Right-click the Microsoft Connector for POP3 Mailboxes service, and then click Restart.
Logging results can be viewed through the Application log in Event Viewer. To open Event Viewer, click Start, point to All Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Event Viewer.
Maximum logging should only be used when troubleshooting the connector as this setting adds a significant number of entries to the Event log.
Changes to the logging level do not take effect until the Microsoft Connector for POP3 Mailboxes service is restarted. Restarting the service temporarily interrupts the download of mail until the service starts again.