Configure an alert
Internal Web Site
By configuring an alert, you receive e-mail notification when changes are made to a document, document library, or list.
- Open your company's internal Web site.
Your company's internal Web site should appear when you open Microsoft Internet Explorer. If it does not, click My Company on the Favorites menu.
- Open the document library or list for which you want to configure an alert.
- On the left side, click Alert me.
- On the New Alert page, do the following:
- Under Send Alerts To, verify that your e-mail address is correct, or click Change my e-mail address, and then type your new address.
- Under Change Type, select the conditions under which you want to be notified of changes.
- Under Alert Frequency, select how often you want to be notified of changes.
- Click OK.
- You can access document libraries either by using the Quick Launch bar or by clicking Documents and Lists on the top navigation bar.