Backup fails, reporting "Tape media not found."
Cause: No tape is in the drive.
Solution: Put a tape in the drive.
Cause: The system does not recognize the tape drive.
- Ensure the tape in the drive is a tape that works with the drive.
- If the tape drive is external, ensure the power of the tape drive is on.
- Ensure that the system is detecting the tape drive.
To ensure that the system is detecting the tape drive
Click Start, click Administrative Tools, and then click Computer Management.
In the left pane, click Device Manager.
Navigate to the tape drive and double-click it to view Device status.
If the device is not working properly, click Troubleshoot to fix the problem.
- Ensure the drivers for the media of the backup destination are up to date. Contact the manufacturer for information about updating your drivers.
- Be sure the tape drive is compatible with Windows Small Business Server 2003. Consult the Windows Catalog Web site (http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=16906).