Configure intranet alerts
To complete this procedure, you must be a member of the SharePoint administrator site group.
- Click Start, point to Administrative Tools, and then click SharePoint Central Administration.
- Under Server Configuration, click Configure default e-mail server settings.
- Under Mail Settings, enter the following:
- Outbound SMTP server The default should be the name of the computer running Windows Small Business Server 2003.
- From e-mail address (Optional) The e-mail address from which all alert notifications are sent. If this field is left blank, the From address will also be blank in e-mail notifications sent to users.
- Reply-to e-mail address (Optional) The e-mail address to which users can send replies. If this field is left blank, users will be unable to reply to alert notices.
- Character set Modify this field to correspond to your language or default character set.
- Click OK.
- You can access the SharePoint Central Administration site at http://servername:8081.