Provides managed and unmanaged code samples using the Kinect for Windows SDK.
The SDK has a number of samples written in both managed and unmanaged code. The samples demonstrate the way to use the NUI APIs to access color, depth and skeleton data as well as to capture audio and perform speech recognition. The samples are written to perform well and have plenty of error checking in them.
Opening, Building, and Running Samples in Visual Studio
To Open the Sample in Visual Studio
- Click the Start button and type kinect toolkit.
- In the list of samples, find this sample and click the Install button.
- Select a location to install the sample to.
- Double-click the Solution file (.sln) that was installed.
To Build the Sample
In Visual Studio 2012 or 2013:
- Start Visual Studio and from the menu, select File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Browse to the directory that contains the unzipped sample files. Double-click the Visual Studio Solution (.sln) file.
- From the menu, select Build > Build Solution.
To Run the Sample
To run the sample in the Visual Studio debugger, from the menu select Debug > Start Debugging. To run the sample in Visual Studio Ultimate without debugging, from the menu select Debug > Start Without Debugging.