Silverlight Page, Project Designer
Microsoft Silverlight will reach end of support after October 2021. Learn more.
Use the Silverlight page of the Project Designer to specify the project's application settings and properties.
To access the Silverlight Page
Create a new Silverlight Application project in Visual Basic or Visual C#. For more information, see How to: Create a New Silverlight Project.
In Solution Explorer, select the Silverlight project.
On the Project menu, click Properties.
When the Project Designer appears, click the Silverlight tab.
The following options enable you to configure general settings for the application.
Specifies the name of the assembly that is generated when the Silverlight project is built. You must enter ASCII character only; otherwise, the Silverlight project will fail to build.
Default namespace / Root namespace
Specifies the default or root namespace for files added to the project.
This is called the Root namespace in Visual Basic projects.
Clicking this button displays the Assembly Information dialog box to specify assembly information.
Defines the entry point to be called when the Silverlight application loads. Generally this is set to the .App file of your application. This option is not available for Silverlight class library projects as they do not have an entry point.
Silverlight Build Options
The following options enable you to configure general settings for the application. The following settings are available only to the Silverlight Application projects.
Target Silverlight Version
Specifies the version of Silverlight to target if you have multiple versions installed.
Xap file name
The name of the Silverlight application package (.xap) that is generated when the project is built. You must enter ASCII character only; otherwise, the Silverlight project will fail to build.
Reduce XAP size by using application library caching
- Select this check box if you want to reduce the XAP size by using application library caching.
Enable running application out of the browser
- Select this check box if you want to enable you application to run outside the browser.
- This button is enabled if you select the Enable running application out of the browser check box. Clicking this button displays the Out-of-Browser Settings dialog box to specify out-of-browser settings. For more information see, Out-of-Browser Support topic.
Generate Silverlight manifest file
- Selecting this check box enables the build system to automatically generate the application manifest file required by Silverlight applications. The build task uses the file specified by Manifest file template as the base file to do the generation. Uncheck this option if you want to manually create an application manifest file.
WCF RIA Services link
- Use this drop-down list to specify the ASP.NET Web application project that uses WCF RIA Services. This option is enabled if you select the Enable WCF RIA Services check box in the New Silverlight Application dialog box.