Azure Key Vault REST API reference
Managing your Key Vault and the contents of your Key Vault can be accomplished through a REST interface. Below are lists of some of the common tasks for managing both.
Manage your Key Vault using the following set of operations, which are also known as management plane operations. The management plane interface is used to manage a Key Vault itself. For instance, creating, deleting, or updating Key Vault attributes, and setting access policies for the data plane.
Keys, secrets, certificates, and storage accounts
Managing data within a Key Vault, such as keys, secrets, certificates, and storage keys, is accomplished by data plane operations. The data plane interface is used to add, delete, modify, and use the keys, secrets, and certificates stored in a Key Vault.
- Create a certificate
- Import a certificate
- Update a certificate
- Update a certificate policy
- Recover a deleted certificate
For concepts and detailed information about data plane objects, see About keys, secrets, and certificates.
- For general information on constructing Azure REST API requests, see the Azure REST API reference
- For information specific to constructing Key Vault REST API requests, see
- See the following topics for additional Key Vault concepts and details