The 2018-11-09 service version includes the following features.
- The Get Share Stats api now returns the approximate size in bytes, instead of gigabytes.
- A new API Put Page From URL allows pages in a page blob to be written using a range of another blob as a source. This permits synchronous server-side copies to be orchestrated for page blobs of any size.
- A new API Append Block From URL allows blocks in an append block to be committed using a range of another blob as a source. This permits synchronous server-side copies to be orchestrated for append blobs of any size.
- A new API Copy Blob From URL allows block blob a to be copied synchronously using a URL as a source. This API has a maximum size of 256 MB and preserves metadata and block list.
- Shared Access Signatures can now be scoped to an individual blob snapshot resource. See Create a service SAS for more information.
- Shared Access Signature string-to-sign construction has changed for all SAS tokens being created with a service version of 2018-11-09.
- You can now sign a shared access signature with Azure AD credentials. This new type of SAS is called a user delegation SAS. To create the SAS, you must call the new Get User Delegation Key operation to return the user delegation key, then use that key to construct the SAS. For more information, see Create a user delegation SAS (preview).
- A new API List-Handles allows for the listing of open handles of a file or directory.
- A new API Force-Close-Handles allows for the forcible closing of open handles of a file or directory.