The 2019-02-02 service version includes the following features.
- A new API Blob Batch allows multiple requests to be sent within a single request body.
- Data transfer APIs accept CRC64 as a transactional data integrity mechanism as an alternative to MD5. Note that this calculation requires a specific polynomial.
- Responses for all Blob, Table, and Queue APIs return the
x-ms-client-request-idthat was passed in on the request for better debuggability.
- Data can be encrypted using a
Customer-Provided Keyor an
- The Copy Blob, Put Block List, and Put Blob APIs support the
x-ms-access-tierheader for Block Blobs, to set the tier on the result without needing a second API call.
- The Copy Blob and Set Blob Tier APIs support the
x-ms-rehydrate-priorityheader to allow for faster retrieval of archived blobs.
- A new API Create Permission allows for the creation of a security descriptor at the File Share level. This descriptor can be used for files and directories in the share.
- A new API Get Permission allows for the retrieval of the security descriptor set on a share.
- A new API Lease File allows for an exclusive write lock lease on a file to be acquired, changed, released, or broken.
- Certain Azure Files APIs (Set Directory Properties, Set File Properties, Create File, and Create Directory) require a new set of headers. These headers are
x-ms-file-last-write-time. These headers are also returned on the corresponding Get APIs.