Using on-premises: An earlier, and slightly different, version of this Release Management API is available in Team Foundation Server 2015 Update 2. To use, you must specify an API version of 2.2-preview.1.
New release references a release definition to deploy an application comprising of one/more artifacts. A release process goes through a set of approval requests.
Create a release definition
- Add one or more environments to release definition.
- Add tasks to each environment.
- Add approvals or make them automated, for each environment.
- Save release definition
Start a release
- Get the ID of the release definition that you want to use.
- Create a release.
- Get the ID of the release from the response so you can use it later.
- If required, abandon a release.