Getting started on managing Azure resources from a virtual machine with managed service identity (MSI) using C#
Azure Compute sample for managing virtual machines -
- Create a virtual machine with Managed Service Identity enabled with access to resource group
- Set custom script in the virtual machine that
- install az cli in the virtual machine
- uses az cli MSI credentials to create a storage account
- Get storage account created through Managed Service Identity (MSI) credentials.
Running this Sample
To run this sample:
Set the environment variable
AZURE_AUTH_LOCATION with the full path for an auth file. See how to create an auth file.
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/aad-dotnet-manage-resources-from-vm-with-msi.git cd aad-dotnet-manage-resources-from-vm-with-msi dotnet build bin\Debug\net452\ManageStorageFromMSIEnabledVirtualMachine.exe