Getting Started with Compute - Manage User Assigned MSI Enabled Virtual Machine - in Java
Azure Compute sample for managing virtual machines -
- Create a Resource Group and User Assigned MSI with CONTRIBUTOR access to the resource group
- Create a Linux VM and associate it with User Assigned MSI
- Install Java8, Maven3 and GIT on the VM using Azure Custom Script Extension
- Run Java application in the MSI enabled Linux VM which uses MSI credentials to manage Azure resource
- Retrieve the Virtual machine created from the MSI enabled Linux VM.
Running this Sample
To run this sample:
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/compute-java-manage-user-assigned-msi-enabled-virtual-machine.git cd compute-java-manage-user-assigned-msi-enabled-virtual-machine mvn clean compile exec:java
For general documentation as well as quickstarts on how to use Azure Management Libraries for Java, please see here.
Start to develop applications with Java on Azure here.
If you don't have a Microsoft Azure subscription you can get a FREE trial account here.