Getting started with creating a Virtual Machine using specialized disks from Snapshots
Azure Compute sample for managing virtual machines -
- Create an managed virtual machine from PIR image with data disks
- Create snapshot from the virtual machine's OS and data disks
- Create managed disks from the snapshots
- Create virtual machine by attaching the managed disks
- Get SAS Uri to the virtual machine's managed disks.
Running this Sample
To run this sample:
Set the environment variable
AZURE_AUTH_LOCATION with the full path for an auth file. See how to create an auth file.
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/managed-disk-dotnet-create-virtual-machine-using-specialized-disk-from-snapshot.git cd managed-disk-dotnet-create-virtual-machine-using-specialized-disk-from-snapshot dotnet build bin\Debug\net452\CreateVirtualMachineUsingSpecializedDiskFromSnapshot.exe