Create Virtual Machine Using Custom Image From VHD (Java)
Azure Compute sample for managing virtual machines -
- Create an un-managed virtual machine from PIR image with data disks
- Deallocate the virtual machine
- Generalize the virtual machine
- Create a virtual machine custom image from OS and Data disk VHDs of virtual machine
- Create a second virtual machine using the custom image
- Create a second virtual machine using the custom image and configure the data disks
- Deletes the custom image
- Get SAS Uri to the virtual machine's managed disks.
Running this Sample
To run this sample:
Set the environment variable
AZURE_AUTH_LOCATION with the full path for an auth file. See how to create an auth file.
git clone https://github.com/Azure-Samples/managed-disk-java-create-virtual-machine-using-custom-image-from-VHD.git cd managed-disk-java-create-virtual-machine-using-custom-image-from-VHD mvn clean compile exec:java
If you don't have a Microsoft Azure subscription you can get a FREE trial account here