DataOps for the Modern Data Warehouse
This repository contains numerous code samples and artifacts on how to apply DevOps principles to data pipelines built according to the Modern Data Warehouse (MDW) architectural pattern on Microsoft Azure.
The samples are either focused on a single azure service or showcases an end to end data pipeline solution built according to the MDW pattern. Each sample contains code and artifacts relating to:
- Build and Release Pipelines (CI/CD)
- Observability / Monitoring
End to End samples
- Parking Sensor Solution - This sample solution demonstrates an end-to-end data pipeline following the MDW architecture, along with a corresponding CI/CD process.
- This was solution was presented at NDC Sydney 2019. See here for the presentation which includes a detailed walkthrough of the solution.
- Data Pipeline Architecture:
- Build and Release Process:
Single Technology Samples
- Azure SQL Coming soon..
- Data Factory
- Azure Databricks
- Stream Analytics
- Azure Synapse (formerly SQLDW)
This project welcomes contributions and suggestions. Most contributions require you to agree to a Contributor License Agreement (CLA) declaring that you have the right to, and actually do, grant us the rights to use your contribution. For details, visit https://cla.opensource.microsoft.com.
When you submit a pull request, a CLA bot will automatically determine whether you need to provide a CLA and decorate the PR appropriately (e.g., status check, comment). Simply follow the instructions provided by the bot. You will only need to do this once across all repos using our CLA.