GitHub Actions with .NET
This sample is a console application written in C# from the Create a GitHub Action with .NET tutorial. The article gives an overview of what is required to create a .NET GitHub Action.
This sample is written in C# and targets .NET 5. It requires the .NET 5.0 SDK or later.
Building the sample
To download and run the sample, follow these steps:
- Download and unzip the sample.
- In Visual Studio (2019 or later):
- On the menu bar, choose File > Open > Project/Solution.
- Navigate to the folder that holds the unzipped sample code, and open the C# project (.csproj) file.
- Choose the F5 key to run with debugging, or Ctrl+F5 keys to run the project without debugging.
- From the command line:
- Navigate to the folder that holds the unzipped sample code.
- At the command line, type