HoloLens 2 Example App
|Supported Unreal versions||Supported device|
|Unreal Engine 4.26+||HoloLens 2|
Spawn Paragon minions on the surface of your world and store their locations with persistent anchors. This is a simple HoloLens 2 app built with Unreal Engine 4.26 that demonstrates:
- Basic articulated hand tracking-based interactions in the form of fingertip cursor and pushable buttons
- Spatial mapping and collision understanding
- Launching, saving and loading persistent anchors in the world
||HoloLens and default configuration files.|
||Project files and assets.|
||Source and build files.|
||Define what to ignore at commit time.|
||Unreal Engine project file.|
||This README file.|
- Windows 10 1809 or later
- Windows 10 SDK 10.0.18362.0 or later
- Unreal Engine 4.26 or later
- Microsoft HoloLens 2 device configured for development or Emulator
- Visual Studio 2019 with the required workloads
- Clone or download this sample repository
- If you do not have a HoloLens 2 device, first follow the App Packaging Instructions and then follow the Emulator Quickstart Instructions to deploy the app to the HoloLens 2 Emulator
- If you have a HoloLens 2 device and want to run the app on device, first follow the App Packaging Instructions and then follow the Device Quickstart Instructions to deploy the app to your HoloLens 2
- If you have a HoloLens 2 device and want to stream the app to device, follow the Streaming Quickstart Instructions to stream the app from the Unreal editor to your HoloLens 2
Running the sample
- Press the Spawn button to bring up the launch pin.
- The launch pin is steered by head gaze, aiming at a horizontal planar surface will allow you to airtap to place a character anchor.
- Pressing Save Pins will store the anchors to the device.
- Pressing Clear Pins will delete the anchor information stored on device (but will not remove current live anchors).
- If the app is closed and/or reset, pressing Load Pins will restore the saved characters and anchors.
On the Emulator
You can also use key presses to trigger the buttons. Make sure you uncheck Use keyboard for simulation in the simulation control panel first. Press 1 for Spawn, 2 for Save Pins, 3 for Clear Pins, and 4 for Load Pins.