Demonstrates using the transcode API to transcode a source file to Windows Media format.
Sample language implementations
Build the sample using the command prompt
- Open the Command Prompt window and navigate to the Transcode directory.
- Type msbuild Transcode.sln.
Build the sample using Visual Studio (preferred method):
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the Transcode directory.
- Double-click the icon for the Transcode.sln file to open the file in Visual Studio.
- In the Build menu, select Build Solution. The application will be built in the default \Debug or \Release directory.
Run the sample
This sample is a command-line application.
It uses the following command-line arguments:
Transcode.exe inputfile outputfile
inputfile: The name of the source file. outputfile: The name of the target file.
The file extension for the target file should be .wma or .wmv.